Friday, December 4, 2009

Week Ten, Day 15- November 30

Today, for the last time at the museum, we finished making the finding aid for the collection. Since we had already collected all the information in the spreadsheet, it was very easy to just take the information from the metadata to make the finding aid for researchers. We had worked on it some the last day we had been there, but we were able to finish a finding aid for the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. Since we were not able to get the 1980s and 1990s cataloged, someone else will have to make the finding aid. I hope the finding aids will be useful for people wanted to search the collection.

I have really enjoyed my time working at the BBRM and I think all the things I have experienced will help me in my future life as a librarian. I think the most important thing I learned was the importance of organizing materials in the most logical way. If the materials aren't organized well, researchers would have a harder time using teh collection adn might not find the information they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment