Monday, November 2, 2009

Week Seven, Day Eleven- November 2

Today we were able to finish up processing the 1950s collection. Most of the documents of the 1950s are newspaper articles which I really enjoyed reading as we processed them. Several of the articles were about racial issues in Birmingham and how people tried to shut down several of the black radio stations. There were also several instructional manuals for various radio devices from the 1950s. We processed them along with the rest of the materials, but I am having a hard time thinking of reasons that someone might want to look at them in the future. Well, maybe someone could use them if they were trying to repair an old piece of equipment. There are also several radio devices that Bob would like us to catalog and the instruction manuals might go to them. I definitely think we will need Bob's help in trying to figure out the name of each device.

As I looked back on some of the metadata that we worked on previously, I noticed that I did not include the newspaper article title for some of the articles. This was a huge mistake and I will need to go back and fix it the next time because what good is this description "WBCO newspaper article from Nov. 11, 1958"? Nothing, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment